GENERIC + ral

From: Björn Jonare <rksah_at_bredband.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 03:05:00 +0100
Hello!

Running CURRENT as of today I tried to get my Linksys WMP54G up and
working. After some trouble with the console spewing error messages
that the firmware couldn't be loaded I read the manpage for ral(4).

Looking through the config for GENERIC I saw that there was no line
"device ralfw". After adding that line and rebooting everything went
fine.

However, shouldn't ralfw be present in GENERIC? It won't build as a
module and "device ral" is sort of useless if the system can't load
card firmware. Or am I simply missing something?

/Björn