UPDATING entry needed (was: Re: zfs version 13 kernel and zfs version 6 userland tool?)

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 07:57:32 +0100
Quoting Goran Lowkrantz <glz_at_hidden-powers.com> (from Sun, 23 Nov 2008
22:05:09 +0100):

> With the old userland, I got error "internal error: out of memory"
> with "zfs ..." and "zpool ..." but not "mount -t zfs ...". After
> installworld, no problems at all.

Thanks for confirmation.

Pawel, what about an UPDATING entry which describes a working upgrade
path for those which have ZFS for critical parts of the directory tree?

Maybe something like running the following before installing the new
kernel and using it after installing the new kernel between booting to
single-user mode and installworld:
     zfs list | grep -v NAME| awk '{print "mount -t zfs", $1, $5}'

Bye,
Alexander.

--
If I felt any more SOPHISTICATED I would DIE of EMBARRASSMENT!

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137