jemalloc design.

From: Channa <channa.kad_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 17:29:59 +0530
Hi All,

I was going through the malloc implementation present with the release
of FreeBSD 7.0.
I was trying to understand the design of your malloc implementation.
I could understand the details given in the pdf

http://people.freebsd.org/~jasone/jemalloc/bsdcan2006/jemalloc.pdf

I understood the concept well. Like:

Huge allocations are maintained in a red black tree and allocated via
mmap () and deallocated using munmap () and return
the memory to OS.

With small allocations i wanted to know how the bins are arranged??
The sentence from the above pdf : "Small allocations are segregated
such that each run manages a single size class"
means that all the memory regions for
 eg: of size 4KB are maintained as a single run in the form of red black tree?

Could you please provide some information on the bin's arrangement for
quantum-spaced/tiny/subpaged
allocations.

Thanks in Advance,
Channa