Re: small newfs_msdos addition

From: Rink Springer <rink_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:46:35 +0100
Hi Luigi,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:41:25AM +0100, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> If there are no objections I'd like to commit the small patch below
> to newfs_msdos.c -- all it does is create a fake geometry if
> it cannot get the media size, which is handy when you want to
> create a filesystem image on a regular file.

Hmm, what about adding this as a seperate option, or perhaps printing a
message that it made a wild guess?

When I create a md(4), I may have accidently forgotten to specify the
geometry and I would like to be reminded that it made something up,
rather than just continueing and leaving me with an unusuable image.

Just my EUR 0.02.

Regards,

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"Anyway boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes doesn't