Re: u3g and ubsa

From: Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova_at_fbsd.ru>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:18:49 +0300
On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 09:16 +0100, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> I have recently been pointed to the u3g driver and gave it a try,
> because UBSA works very unreliable for me.
>
> - In combination with PF-NAT I get kernel panics under high load.
> - I have to hack some buffer sizes in the driver to get the full
>   3G speed.
> - Often my USB-3G stick is not detected, sometimes I spent several
>   minutes plugging it in and out until it is detected.
> - It doesn't let me use the card reader in the stick.
>
> The u3g driver has NONE of these problems. Everything just works
> for me.
>
> So obviously I would like to have u3g in base and chose for
> myself or even take support for devices out of ubsa that work
> better with u3g.

Unfortunately I am no so lucky.

After moving to u3g I have no more any Internet mobile connection, my
Huawei EC500 card is detected, but PPP failed on pahase of handshake,
second port (U0.2) have usual messages with some binaries between text.
Looks like something wrong with data delivery between card and port.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova_at_fbsd.ru