Re: HEADSUP: CVS/Mirror mode for csup to be merged soon

From: Dmitry Morozovsky <marck_at_rinet.ru>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:52:03 +0300 (MSK)
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, Ulf Lilleengen wrote:

UL> Hello,
UL>
UL> After some feedback on previous patches and some adjustments, I think the
UL> CVSMode for csup project have come to a place where a wider testing audience
UL> is needed, and I would like to make this a call for review and a HEADSUP to
UL> allow willing reviewers and eventual protesters to give their opinion before
UL> merging this to HEAD. A few things about the current state of CVSMode:
UL>
UL> - Complete CVS mode (mirror mode) is supported, allowing the whole CVS
UL>   repository to be fetched by csup.
UL> - rsync fetch supported if not explicitly not wanted by user or not supported
UL>   by server.
UL> - Support using the status file to speed up detailing of files. This means no
UL>   bigger inpact on files that are up to date.
UL>
UL> For the state of the code itself, I have went over it a couple of times the
UL> last couple of days, fixing style issues and a few differences between cvsup
UL> and csup. One important thing to note is that the impact on the existing csup
UL> operation is _minimal_, so that the risk of introducing bugs to the normal
UL> csup operation is very small, and because of this I see no problems with
UL> committing the current version. If you find any issues, please e-mail me, and
UL> I will look at it.
UL>
UL> So, for those of you wanting to test, please do so now. If people are okay
UL> with this, I would like to merge it by the end of the week/early next week.
UL>
UL> A patch can be found here: http://people.freebsd.org/~lulf/csup_cvsmode.diff
UL> or you can just do a checkout of projects/csup_cvsmode

Just to make sure it does not get lost:

After creating RELENG_7_1 branch csupping is broken with:

Updating collection src-all/cvs
 Edit src/bin/chio/chio.c,v
/home/ncvs/src/bin/chio/chio.c,v: Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire
file
 Edit src/contrib/bind9/CHANGES,v
/home/ncvs/src/contrib/bind9/CHANGES,v: Checksum mismatch -- will transfer
entire file
 Edit src/contrib/bind9/COPYRIGHT,v

... [a lot of them] .. and finally

/home/ncvs/src/sys/i386/conf/NOTES,v: Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire
file
 Edit src/sys/i386/conf/PAE,v
Error applying diff: -1
Updater failed: Protocol error
Error is 'Detailer failed: Premature EOF from server'

I use RELENG_7 csup with your previous patch version

Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck_at_FreeBSD.org ]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck_at_rinet.ru ***