Re: 6-CORE Dunnington

From: Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd_at_codelabs.ru>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 04:03:29 +0400
Mars, good day.

Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 11:36:43PM +0800, Mars G Miro wrote:
>    I was able to install 200809-CURRENT on it but after recompiling
> the kernel (taking out WITNESS, INVARIANTS KGDB et al) I found out
> that I could not boot it anymore. What's weird is that I could not
> boot the same 200809-CURRENT CD that I used the first time.

[Assuming you had not touched any hardware or BIOS configuration
since last good boot from -CURRENT CD.]

Was is the totally cold boot (with power-off via unplugging the power
cord/switching off the master power input on the power supply) or just a
some sort of a warm or semi-cold boot with power button?  I had seen
the cases where hardware was in a such bad state, that only totally
cold boot was helping to recover.

Just hangs
> on
>     uhci0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
>     uhci0: [ITHREAD]

Any ways to disable (at least partially) USB stuff via BIOS?  May
be disabling other devices will help too -- try to play with the
disabling the various controllers.
--
Eygene