Re: Infiniband status?

From: Kip Macy <kmacy_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 06:33:52 +0000
Hi,
I'm afraid there is currently no IB support in FreeBSD. FreeBSD has an
iwarp driver for Chelsio's 10GigE cards and the kernel / iwarp side of
OFA RDMA stack. To support IB you would need to implement the IB side
of the OFA stack, finish user level RDMA support,  and talk one of the
users of IB on FreeBSD (NetApp & Isilon) in to opening up the Mellanox
driver for a recent card. If you're open to the idea of iWARP it would
"just" be a matter of finishing support for user-level RDMA.

I'm sorry to disappoint.

Cheers,
Kip