One last post for now about my SATA woes

From: Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:31:43 -0500
Hi,

Just wanted to let you folks know that I decided to "bite the bullet"
and go ahead and install Ubuntu for the time being, so there's no
urgent rush to resolve the issues I've been having with my SATA
hardware on this new machine of mine.

I'd certainly *LOVE* to see the problem resolved eventually, so I can
get FreeBSD installed on this box, but at least for now, Ubuntu helps
to satisfy my need for a *nix system of some sort.  :-)

If there's any other information I could provide that may help in
resolving this issue, please let me know.

Thanks!

Conrad