Re: RFC: PCI SD host controller driver & mmc/mmcsd modules improvements

From: Alexandre \ <gaijin.k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:48:55 -0400
On Sat, 2008-10-11 at 23:45 +0300, Alexander Motin wrote:
> Alexander Motin wrote:
> > I would like to present initial revision of my generic PCI SD Host
> > Controller driver (sdhci). It support PCI devices with class 8 and
> > subclass 5 according to SD Host Controller Specification.
> >
> > Latest patches against 8-CURRENT (mostly fit 7-STABLE) may be found at:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/sdhci/
>
> For those who are not tracking actively, I would like to report that
> most of original driver's child illnesses are now healed.
>
> Driver now supports both PIO and DMA modes. Because of some special
> tunings DMA works fine even on almost broken ENE chips. I am reaching
> 15MB/s transfer (maximum for my controller's bus) with only about 1% of
> CPU load. Implemented 4 bits bus width and high speed timing modes
> support for high data rates up to 52MHz. Cards hot insertion/removing is
> now working. Together with in-tree mmc/mmcsd drivers improvements most
> of card types (SD, SDHC, standard and high capacity MMC) are now supported.

This works well on my ThinkPad X60 (1709-73U) with RELENG_7 circa
October 23rd (s/kproc/kthread/, thanks to Oleksandr Tymoshenko):

sdhci0: <RICOH R5C822 SD> mem 0xe4301800-0xe43018ff irq 18 at device 0.2
on pci21
sdhci0: 1 slot(s) allocated
sdhci0: [ITHREAD]

Tested with 1GB, 2GB and 4GB (SDHC) cards.

The side note: write-lock switch on the card was also correctly detected
and reported.

Thank you very much for your work!

--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)