Re: LSI megaraid SATA 150-6

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 00:30:36 -0600
Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> Scott Long wrote:
>> Ian FREISLICH wrote:

>>> Ok, that fixed it.  What exactly does this do?
>>>
>> Limits the driver to only use 32-bit addresses, and bounces
>> (copies) anything above that down to the lower 32bits of the
>> address space.  Can you send me the output of 'pciconf -lv'?
>
> Scott, I thought I was clear in the original email, but I see now
> that I wasn't.  I haven't tried this card on current owing to the
> difficulty of having to potentially downgrade and I was wanting
> to find out if migrating this system to current would help.  I'm
> mostly satisfied with this solution as long as it doesn't point to
> a driver bug.  Of course, in that case I'm happy to take the pain
> in the interests of helping getting the driver fixed.

I don't really care if you're using 8-CURRENT or 7-STABLE, the driver
source is nearly the same in both.  The problem exists in both, and the
workaround is the same in both.  However, I was looking to collect
the PCI identification information for this 150-6 card so I could
hopefully teach the driver to automatically handle this card specially.
Thank you for providing the information.

Scott