Re: CFT: pts(4) "packet mode" support

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 01:26:20 +0300
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 18:47:59 +0200, Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> One of the things I couldn't fix in time for the MPSAFE TTY import, was
> pts(4) packet mode. Because people have noticed it was missing, I
> decided to implement it, for inclusion in the SVN tree. ;-)
>
> Giorgos and I have already tried the attached patch, but it would be
> nice if others could test it as well. I'm planning to integrate this
> patch by the end of the week.
>
> Any feedback? Comments? Obscure panics?

Thanks!  I've been rebasing the patch on top of /head for a while, and
running with a kernel that includes:

    http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/mpsafetty/

The last time I resynced/merged was some time yesterday noon.  I will
install this patch now, but FWIW things seem 'ok' so far with the local
version of the patch I was merging on top of /head :-)