Re: ppp not passing long packets (probably after MPSAFE_TTY)

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 14:06:43 +0200
Hello Yuriy,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We should fix this.

* Yuriy Tsibizov <Yuriy.Tsibizov_at_gfk.ru> wrote:
> Ed,
>
> I have one problem with ppp modem connection. I use mpd for dial-up
> connections, but ng_tty is not working any more and I had to switch back
> to ppp.
>
> With ping -s 960 I'm getting ~0% loss, with ping -s 980 I'm almost always
> getting 100% loss... But: modem TX light turns on on every attempt to
> send ICMP packet.
>
> Dial-up server is Windows 2000 RAS, and I had no problems with it for
> last five years, mostly with mpd but ppp was OK too...
>
> I can't say, was ppp broken before MPSAFE_TTY changes, but in 7-CURRENT
> days it was in good shape.

Could you give me the output of `pstat -t' while using `ppp'? What
device node/device driver are you using? I know there are some things
fishy w.r.t. flow control, so there are a lot of things we can look in
to.

Is it somehow possible to get some kind of `debug output' from the
Windows machine as well? Thanks!

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/