geom_label & firewire & sbp

From: Igor R <igor4ml_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:08:32 +0400
Hello!

I have installed FreeBSD 8-CURRENT (around week old) on my HP nx7400.
All works fine, but I always rebuild kernel without unneeded drivers.

I use journaled UFS and mount filesystem (including rootfs) using
labels. So after I recompiled kernel with my own configuration it
cannot boot because it does not see my /dev/ufs/root
geom_label is in kernel. I had booted GENERIC kernel and started to
rebuild kernels from GENERIC configuration removing on each step some
drivers and options from config.

After 8 or 9 builds I have found, that removal of "sbp" device from
kernel config prevents kernel from detecting labels and prevents boot.
This looks VERY strange, but ... .
Also I have not tried 8-CURRENT on other hardware.