Re: mpsafetty and [missing] multi put char

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:00:59 +0200
Hello hps,

* Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky_at_c2i.net> wrote:
> Maybe I've overlooked something, but why is there no multi put char function.
> Isn't looping over "tty_putchar(struct tty *tp, char c)" really slow when
> receiving 70-80kbyte per second?

tty_putchar() is not the routine that is called when receiving data.
tty_putchar() does exactly the same thing as what `tputchar()' used to
do, namely print a system message to the TTY.

The routines you are probably looking for, are ttydisc_rint(),
ttydisc_can_bypass() and ttydisc_rint_bypass(). Please take a look at
http://wiki.freebsd.org/TTYRedesign how to use them. Good luck!

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/