Re: AMD Family 10h cpufreq driver

From: G .Otsuji <annona2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:33:40 +0900
Hi Veronica,

Congratulations too!
It's funny that exactly the same thing :)
_at_400MHz 58.0W is quite a reduction of power!
> The only thing missing now is auto-adapting of the frequency by powerd.
> I do see powerd active in top, but it appears not to change the
> frequency. Anything i can do to fix that? Aside from that issue, i would
> say your driver works for me.
anyway, powerd looks at dev.cpu.0.freq_levels .
so i'd like to see "sysctl dev.cpu.0.freq_levels" writes.
I think powerd's restart is needed, if there is .
And also i'd like to know about the msr string that would be written
if you patched my patch , it'd be some debug informations for me.
I think more debug will be needed .

And also I'd like to know about reboot / shutdown -p / shutdown -r go well?

Cheers,
G. Otsuji<annona2_at_gmail.com>