Server setup

From: Curtis Vaughan <cavaughan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:24:24 +0000 (UTC)
I am setting up a new server and have a question. This server has
three 8GB SCSIs, and one 160 GB IDE. I was interested in striping the
SCSIs, which I have done. After installing FreeBSD 7 on the IDE, I set
up the stripe and moved /var over to it.

So, my first question would be whether I should put /var on the stripe
or /usr ?
My next question might be whether it was even worth striping the
SCSI's and just installing, say, /var/log to one drive, /usr/home to
another, etc....
Final question, assuming I go ahead with putting /var on the SCSI's,
how do I now recover the partition that was being used by /var?
There's about 3 Gb on there.
Perhaps I could just mount it as /usr/ports? or should I choose a
different approach?

Thanks for any input.

OH! BTW. This is going to be a backup server using BackupPC, so I will
be installing an additional IDE later.