Re: ZFS checksum errors on USB attach (Was: ZFS data error without reasons)

From: Damian Gerow <dgerow_at_afflictions.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 08:17:04 -0400
Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
: > I walked over to my laptop (Lenovo X200), and plugged in a Cowon D2 to
: > charge up the battery.  When I tried to do other things, I received a large
: > number of input/output errors, so I knew I'd triggered the bug.  Two things
: > that I tried to do:
:
: If you unload "umass" and plug a memory stick, do you see the same behaviour
: then?
:
: Maybe it is not directly USB related.

I had previously been unable to produce the same symptoms immediately
following a reboot, with no USB-related modules loaded.  I will give it
another try later today to confirm.

  - Damian