Re: Setting the mss for socket

From: Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 23:22:05 -0300
> Patrick Tracanelli wrote:
>> Luiz Otavio O Souza escreveu:
>>> Hello hackers,
>>>
>>> Is there a way to set the mss for a socket ? Like you can do in linux
>>> with setsockopt(TCP_MAXSEG) ?
>>>
>>> So i can set the maximum size of packets (or sort of) from a simple
>>> userland program.
>>>
> you mean sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.mssdflt=512 ?

Not really... I don't want this to be a system wide option, i need this to
be able to generate some traffic under a certain pattern of packet sizes.

I really should read the code for more than 30 minutes... it's simple than i
first think, i already have a simple patch for this, but it is too ugly for
anything more than get iperf running...

This is the patch (just for reference - may work for someone else):
http://pastebin.com/m706da25b

And the iperf patch: http://pastebin.com/m2f8f1100

Luiz