NFS lockd/statd lock up network connection

From: Tom McLaughlin <tmclaugh_at_sdf.lonestar.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 02:38:52 -0400
Hey, I have a recent -CURRENT box which has a mount exported from an
OpenBSD NFS server.  Recently I enabled lockd and statd on the machine
but this has started to cause the network connection on the machine to
lockup.  I find the following in dmesg:

nfs server exports:/mnt/raid0/net/home: lockd not responding
nfs server exports:/mnt/raid0/net/home: lockd not responding
nfs server exports:/mnt/raid0/net/home: lockd not responding
nfs server exports:/mnt/raid0/net/home: lockd not responding
nfs server exports:/mnt/raid0/net/home: lockd not responding
nfs server exports:/mnt/raid0/net/home: lockd not responding
nfs server exports:/mnt/raid0/net/home: lockd not responding
nfs server exports:/mnt/raid0/net/home: lockd not responding
NLM: failed to contact remote rpcbind, stat = 5, port = 28416

Additionally I see this when trying to restart netif:

em0: Could not setup receive structures

I've tried building with NFS_LEGACYRPC but that has not changed
anything.  Additionally I've tested this on 7-STABLE and while lockd
still does not work (so, looks like I'll still have to work around my
need for NFS locking) the network connection at least does not lock up.
  Is what I'm seeing evidence of some further problem?

Thanks,
tom

uname:
FreeBSD freebsd-8-amd64.straycat.dhs.org 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT
#0: Mon Mar 30 02:43:25 EDT 2009
tom_at_freebsd-8-amd64.straycat.dhs.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

rc.conf:
nfs_server_enable="YES"		#for tinderbox
nfs_server_flags="-u -t -n 20"
nfs_reserved_port_only="YES"