Re: KDE4 and input events stalled

From: Robert Noland <rnoland_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 22:37:24 -0500
On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 20:23 -0700, Tim Kientzle wrote:

> > Let me guess, you are using Intel graphics?
>
> Ummm...  Okay, what do you know that I don't?
>
> I fixed the input problem by setting "AcceptEmptyInput"
> appropriately[1].
>
> Now, I have two other problems I'm trying to
> track down, either of which could be related to
> using Intel graphics:
>   * On logout, screen dies (garbage all over).
>     /var/log/messages reports that the Xorg server
>     died with a segfault; I presume this left the
>     graphics card in a bad state.  Alt-Ctrl-F1 changes
>     the garbage on the screen but doesn't recover the
>     screen.

This is definately broken on at least some Intel chips at the moment...
I'm working on it...  I find that if I kill X by stopping gdm, things
seem to be ok... Using the logout or reset options in the gnome menus
does bad things...

>   * If I start kdm from /etc/ttys, I get a blank
>     screen on startup.  If I start it from a root
>     login, it works okay for the first login.

This sounds more like it is waiting on hal/dbus to start up than
anything.  You might try using Option "AutoAddDevices" "off" in place of
or in addition to AllowEmptyInput.

robert.