KDE4 problems (was Re: KDE4 and input events stalled)

From: Tim Kientzle <kientzle_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 21:05:22 -0700
Tim Kientzle wrote:
>>>   * On logout, screen dies (garbage all over).
>>>     /var/log/messages reports that the Xorg server
>>>     died with a segfault...
>>
>> This is definately broken on at least some Intel chips at the moment...
>> I'm working on it...  I find that if I kill X by stopping gdm, things
>> seem to be ok...

Enabling "TerminateServer" in the kdmrc file seems
to work around this.  I still get a /Xorg.core
file but kdm seems to recover and allow me to login
again.

BUT, now Ctrl-Alt-F# shows a messed-up console
(Ctrl-Alt-F9 gets back into KDE just fine).
Clearly, the video card is still getting wonked.

I'll see if I can build an Xorg server with debug
symbols and get a backtrace.