Re: AMD 780G chipset major issues 3/3 (btx)

From: Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn_at_freenet.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 11:12:18 +0200
On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:59:16 +0100 (BST)
"Mark Powell" <M.S.Powell_at_salford.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
>
> > Le Monday 06 April 2009, Diego Depaoli a __crit :
> >> And finally...
> >> if I enable ahci in bios the system won't boot  with btx halted.
> >> Ctrl+alt+del is the only allowed action.
> >>
> >> Yes... it's a low cost motherboard, but I'm a bit confused.
> >
> > My latest computer is also a 780G machine (running Stable, instead of
> > current).
>
> Could we have some make/models guys? I'm interested in a new integrated
> graphics MB for CURRENT and want to know what to avoid.

I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H (780G and AM2+) which works very well
with -current and the radeonhd driver, including drm.

I have the SATA disks running in AHCI mode.  What does not work is
a SATA DVD drive (seems to be a problem with the driver), so I'm
using an IDE drive.

I had to set hw.snd.default_unit=2 in /etc/sysctl.conf in order to get the
front headphone port to work.

---
Gary Jennejohn