Re: AMD 780G chipset major issues 3/3 (btx)

From: Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn_at_freenet.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 17:49:27 +0200
On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 10:59:17 -0400
Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Mark Powell <M.S.Powell_at_salford.ac.uk>wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
> >
> >  Le Monday 06 April 2009, Diego Depaoli a __crit :

> >> My latest computer is also a 780G machine (running Stable, instead of
> >> current).
> >>

> > Could we have some make/models guys? I'm interested in a new integrated
> > graphics MB for CURRENT and want to know what to avoid.
> >  Cheers.
> >
> > --
> > Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
> > Information & Learning Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,
> > Salford University, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK.
> > Tel: +44 161 295 6843  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key
> >

> Some Linux distributions are requesting permission after an install to send
> a hardware profile to their official site .
>
> By collecting and using such profile values  a data base may be constructed
> by FreeBSD .

There's already a mechanism for reporting working hardware - sendpr.

However, it doesn't seem to be very useful.

I reported that my motherboard supported FreeBSD really well on Nov 28,
2008.  The PR is still marked as open.

I suspect that, if the existing mechanism doesn't work, adding a new one
won't work any better.

---
Gary Jennejohn