Re: kbdmux vs ATA? (was: ATA related panic during ZFS scrub)

From: Mark Powell <M.S.Powell_at_salford.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:48:42 +0100 (BST)
On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Ivan Voras wrote:

> Hmmm, this shows a lock order problem between ATA and kbdmux's Giant.

Ooops. It seems I flunked my 'reading panics' class :(

>> / is ufs on USB key
>
> Are you saying the system has only USB drives or that the ZFS pool was
> on the USB drive (or something else)?
>
> In any case, USB drives do not appear as ATA drives.

Sorry. I wasn't clear. I mentioned the usb key, as I've seen other threads
reporting zfs corruption with usb.

/ ufs on usb key

Everything else except / is on SATA:

/pool raidz1 4x500gb+500gb stripe of 2xSATA drives
/pool2 raidz2 6x1tb

Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information & Learning Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,