Re: ata FLUSHCACHE timeout errors? [patch]

From: Mark Powell <M.S.Powell_at_salford.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:52:10 +0100 (BST)
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, James R. Van Artsdalen wrote:

> James R. Van Artsdalen wrote:
>> I am getting many FLUSHCACHE timeout errors during "zfs recv" operations.
>
> This patch fixes this. PR to be filed.
> In addition this causes any ata request that times out to print the
> timeout, since it's going to be the timeout itself that's likely wrong.

This is well known and had been repeated ad. inf.. Problem is, it never
got addressed:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/JeremyChadwick/ATA_issues_and_troubleshooting

   Attached is an 8-CURRENT patch which makes the ata timeout a tuneable.
Shamelessy ripped off the FreeNAS patch on the above url.
   Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information & Learning Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,