Re: disklablel/gpart [Was: AMD 780G chipset major issues 3/3 (btx)] [SOLVED]

From: Diego Depaoli <trebestie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:30:08 +0200
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Diego Depaoli <trebestie_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Seriously, I must say you should back it up first if the data is
>> important.  When I got my current laptop, I had to reinstall all OSes
>> several times in different orders to make all OS loaders agree with
>> an MBR. :-(
>
> Many thanks to all.
> I wiped a slice on the 2nd drive, now I begin to backup data.
> If you read about a brutally murdered husband, then something gone wrong.
Solved!
Dealing with disklabel, gpart, dump and restore I moved my intallation
to a new slice then system boots with ahci enabled.

To _at_andry. Some point of your gpart micro howto didn't worked as
expected, but surely was my fault. Gpart is a great tool which I
didn't know at all, I hope it become soon the standard way to manage
disks in FreeBSD installation.

Many thanks again.

--
Diego Depaoli