Re: new usb stack - boot problem from usb hdd

From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:36:32 +1000
On Friday, 17 April 2009 at 16:23:25 -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>> On Friday, 17 April 2009 at 18:44:27 +0400, Alex Keda wrote:
>>> After boot, before mount, disk da0 lost, or some partition
>>> lost/uninitialised
>>
>> FWIW, I'm experiencing a similar problem with a USB stick.  I get an
>> error 2 on the device entry (also /dev/da0s1a), followed by a panic
>> with an incomplete stack backtrace.  I'm going to try remote debugging
>> to get more information; watch this space.
>
> Have you followed the rest of this thread at all and seen the candidate
> patch and subsequent verification??

Yes and no.  I was replying to the original message, and this thread
contains neither a candidate patch nor any verification.  As of now,
the thread has the original message, my reply, and yours and Marcus'
replies to me--see
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-April/006042.html

I suspect you're thinking of the thread that Marcus referred to, which
I hadn't seen.

Greg
This message is digitally signed.  If your Microsoft MUA reports
problems, please read http://tinyurl.com/broken-mua