Re: buildworld fails.

From: Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.current_at_mailing.thruhere.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 08:17:48 +0200
On Friday 17 April 2009 21:41:04 Tim Kientzle wrote:

> Of course, libarchive's mtree support is mostly for
> developers to use in building new tools that use
> mtree format in innovative ways.  Exposing it through
> tar is primarily to make it easier to test.

Hmm. Or tar could store the mtree file as the first file and we'd have a table
of contents for a streaming format, if tar -c can take an mtree file and a
prefix as input. Especially useful when tarring a small amount of large files,
since -t would still have to through the entire file to list the entries.
And you can then extract only the mtree file and compare it to you live system
to figure out what's been meddled with.

I like the possibilities, thanks for your work on it!
--
Mel