Re: linux-flashplugin-9 && firefox-3.0.7, 1 does not play in -CURRENT

From: Boris Samorodov <bsam_at_ipt.ru>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 21:34:18 +0400
Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de> writes:
> El día Sunday, April 19, 2009 a las 11:34:58AM +0200, Nicolas escribió:
>
> Thanks for your feedback; I helps also if someone says "it works for me"
> because then is much hope that it will work for me too;
>
> I'm attaching the relevant information; note the ports have bee build on
> some other (faster) host and have been transfered via pkg_create on that
> host and pkg_add'ed on the slower EeePC; so the output of 'pkg_version | grep
> linux' on that host (tiny) gives only:
>
> tiny# pkg_version | grep linux
[...]
> linux_base-f8                       ?
> linux_base-fc                       ?

As it was already said at this thread that should not happen: those
two ports should not be installed at the same time, they conflict
with each other. So the best way was (as you seem to do already)
deinstall all linux ports, remove /compat/linux/* and reinstall
linux applications you need. The complete procedure is written
at /usr/ports/UODATING.

> linux_dri                           ?
>
> but on the host where the ports have been compiled/installed/pkg_creat
> (vm-naranja) it says:
>
> vm-naranja# pkg_version | grep linux
[...]
> linux_base-f8                       =
> linux_base-fc                       =

That is not good and may lead to undefined behaviour of linux
applications.

WBR
--
bsam