Re: acroread8 does not print any more

From: Carlos A. M. dos Santos <unixmania_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 17:56:46 +0000
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Rainer Hurling <rhurlin_at_gwdg.de> wrote:

> On 19.04.2009 16:32 (UTC+2), Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 10:17:27 +0200 Rainer Hurling <rhurlin_at_gwdg.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Since I am using the new linux emulator f8 I am not able to print
>>> with acroread8 any more. I get this behaviour on three different
>>> systems. The following message does appear in acroread:

>>> Beim Drucken ist folgender Fehler aufgetreten...
>>> '/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc.so.6" not found,
>>> required by "libgcc_s.so.1"'
>>
>> Do you have a custom command configured in acroread to print? If not,
>> have a look at it so that it uses lpr instead of lp. If you use already
>> lpr, have a look which one is used and if it is working if you use it
>> manually.
>
> Yes, my custom command is '/usr/local/bin/lpr -P lp2' for twosided printing
> with cups defined printer. The same command works well manually on the
> console. The above described error first occurs after the newest updates for
> linux_base-f8 and other linux packages.

I don't use acroread on FreeBSD since a long time ago (switched to
evince and later to epdfview). I remember, however, that I once had to
create a symlink from /usr/bin/lpr to /usr/linux/usr/bin/lpr otherwise
acroread failed to find the lpr executable.

--
My preferred quotation of Robert Louis Stevenson is "You cannot
make an omelette without breaking eggs". Not because I like the