Re: OpenBSM 1.1 imported (was: svn commit: r191273 - in head: contrib/openbsm contrib/openbsm/bin contrib/openbsm/bin/audit contrib/openbsm/bin/auditd contrib/openbsm/bin/auditfilterd contrib/openbsm/bin/auditreduce contrib/open... (fwd))

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:46:06 +0100 (BST)
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009, Jakub Lach wrote:

> After updating to revision 191274, I cannot login.
>
> "could not determine audit condition"
>
> Sorry for bothering you, but I don't know how to deal with it.

Could you let me know:

(1) Do you have options AUDIT compiled into your kernel?  It's in GENERIC by
     default, and it occurs to me I've not tested the !AUDIT case lately.

(2) How are you logging in -- using the console, or sshd, or...?  Does it work
     better or worse if you try another way of logging in?

(3) ... and could you confirm that your kernel was rebuilt and installed prior
     to updating userspace?  If you switch to an old kernel, are you then able
     to log in?

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge