Re: kernel compile fails without AH_SUPPORT_AR5416

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:50:57 -0400
Bruce Simpson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looks like I'm late to the party. I was responsible for committing these
> ath(4) changes to RELENG_7.
> I can't remember if I tested the kernel compile without the
> AH_SUPPORT_AR5416 option or not, I have been so incredibly busy.
>
> Dennis Melentyev wrote:

>>> My point is that if the option is mandatory for compiling ath(4) driver,
>>> then there is no point in having this option in the first place.
>>>

>> Well, fair.
>> +1 from me :).
>>

> So is there a consensus that this seems to break the build for folk who
> do not need this option?
> If so I can see about committing the necessary changes to turn this
> option on by default. I needed the option for what I was trying to do.
>
> Of course if someone already has a patch for that, that will help, as I
> don't have a lot of free time at the moment but can certainly commit a
> quick fix if someone already has one.

ru had a change to fix this but decided not to; can't say why.
Otherwise there is a better way to fix this which I alluded to in
previous mail--use the config-generated #define that is generated for
the "ath_hal" device.  As I said I've not had time to look at that won't
probably for several weeks.  Either way this requirement has been listed
in UPDATING ever since the ath hal source code was imported into the tree.

	Sam