Re: boot panic on current(04.20)

From: Gustau Perez <gperez_at_entel.upc.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:31:21 +0200

   Hi,

> make installkernel KERNEL=fred

   Mmm, reading Makefile.inc1, I think the problem was that I mixed
KERNEL, KERNCONF an compiling in /usr/src. Will try the other way
(getting into /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/ and making config and then ...)

> will install the kernel into /boot/fred.  Might want to look add
>
> # Debugging for use in -current
> options 	KDB			# Enable kernel debugger support.
> options 	DDB			# Support DDB.

    Well. Updated my sources to 2009.04.16.18.50.00 and the problem
vanished. Will try to update, just recompile kernel (without world) and
then install the kernel into a different place with the debugging options.

    As I have a kernel with little hardware support (moved a lot of
stuff to module, so I have a nice /boot/loader.conf), will try to start
it   with no modules and then in single user mode add them by hand.
That will help my isolating the culprit.

  Will let you know my results.

  Greets,

  Gus