Broadcom NIC Problem - Installing 7.1

From: Paul Stewart <paul_at_paulstewart.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:52:56 -0400
Hi there.

I'm just getting back into the FreeBSD world after a long vacation ;)

Just installed a shiny new Dell PowerEdge R710 server that comes with Four
embedded BroadcomR NetXtreme IIT 5709c Gigabit Ethernet NIC cards.  The
installation does not recognize the NIC cards so I installed anyways.
Server boots up as normal and everything else looks good.

Is there support for these NIC cards?  Do I need to do a custom kernel or
load modules?

Many thanks,

Paul