Re: Broadcom NIC Problem - Installing 7.1

From: Xin LI <delphij_at_delphij.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 22:44:52 -0700

Hi, Paul,

Paul Stewart wrote:
> Thank you - I installed the latest release 7.1 .. should I reinstall with
> 7.2-RC2?

I think the answer would be "Yes" but you can also use FreeBSD Update's
"upgrade" feature to update to 7.2-RC2.  If your system is brand new it
might be faster to do a fresh install, depending on the network
connection you are using, though.

> If I install 7.2-RC2, will it be upgradable to the full release when it's
> complete?  I've ran into "beta" releases of various software overtime where
> it is sometimes not upgradable...;)

I think so (through freebsd-update -r).  Another way would be to use
source based update approach, which is always do-able.

> Take care,
>
> Paul

- --
Xin LI <delphij_at_delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/