Re: CURRENT+xorg-7.4 on eeePC 900 && X crashes on shutdown

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:19:29 +0200
El día Friday, April 17, 2009 a las 03:13:06PM +0200, Paul B. Mahol escribió:

> Usefull info is missing, what xserver version, which video driver and
> what version of it
> are you using.
>
> I had same behaviour with intel but issue got fixed for me with latest
> Mesa and Xorg from ports.

I'm still think what would be the best way to update via CVS & ports to
the xerver 1.6.0; maybe the cleanest way would be:

# rm /var/db/pkg/*
# rm -r /usr/local/*
# rm -r /usr/ports
# cd /usr
# cvs checkout ports
# cd /usr/ports/x11/xorg
# make install

and generate from the than installed ports the packages with pkg_create to
install them as updates on the smaller EeePC....

while I'm thinking about, it would be nice to get the alpha-console back
to a usable state; when the X server crashes it let the display in
nonsense output; all other is still working, i.e. I can use Alt-F2 to go
to another alpha console, can login and reboot, but all this without
seeing what I type; is there some tool/command to reset the VGA so that the
output is visible again? I could insert this into the ~/.xinitrc after
the call of 'startkde' and all would be fine until updating the X11
server; any idea?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz