Re: [PREVIEW] Nouveau on FreeBSD (Take 2)

From: Adam McDougall <mcdouga9_at_egr.msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:21:39 -0400
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:18:33PM -0500, Robert Noland wrote:

  On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 01:26 -0400, Adam McDougall wrote:
  > Is there any chance of getting nouveau to work on a PCI
  > NV34 GeForce FX 5200? (not pci-e)  I actually don't really care

  > I don't even know what drm I could try loading or if it
  > would help.

  This should work I think... I only have NV40 and NV50 pcie cards to test
  with though.  You need to apply the patch to your kernel tree and make
  sure that libdrm and xf86-video-nouveau are up to date with latest
  ports.

  robert.

Thanks! I missed seeing the patch.  It seems to work fine.
I'm not sure if its faster than nv for me or not (didn't test
exclusively) but it does allow me to use the DVI output with
the full resolution of my widescreen LCD (nv refused, doesn't
have support to override BIOS programming for that) and just
for fun I tried RandR screen rotation which seemed to work
without much of a slowdown.  I tried the composite manager
in metacity but it was a little slow so I turned it back off.