Cannot get sysinstall to start on HP z400

From: Derek Ragona <derek_at_computinginnovations.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:43:31 -0500
I have tried both the i386 and amd64 current snapshots on an HP z400.

In all versions the loader stops just after the message:
Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0

This system has the Intel® X58 Express chipset and a 4 core W3520 Xeon CPU.

I've tried various BIOS settings and turning off CPU core, hyperthreading
etc.  I expect the problem is in the motherboard's Intel® X58 Express chipset.

If anyone has any experience with a similar system using this chipset, let
me know if you did anything to make it boot the install CD.

Thanks.

         -Derek
         derek at computinginnovations.com

believed to be clean.