FreeBSD 8.0 Beta2 / ALC driver crashbase

From: Jim <stapleton.41_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 20:05:55 -0400
I couldn't get the copy of the if_alc driver to compile in FreeBSD 7.2
on my new notebook, so I decided to use 8.0, and I found an issue,
when I boot the installer media CD (boot only or DVD1), I get the
following error:

alc0: <Atheros AR8131 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet> irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci7
alc0: 0x40000 bytes of rid 0x10 res 3 failed (0, 0xffffffffffffffff).
alc0: cannot allocate memory resources).

cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fatal virtual address = 0x08
fault code = supervisor read data, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x20:0xffffffff0024c6e8
stack pointer = 0x20:0xffffffff813f65f0
frame pointer = 0x20:0xffffffff813f6600
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
 = DLP 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
correct process = 0 (swapper)
[thread pid 0 tid 100000 ]
Stopped at   alc_phy_down+0x0:  cmpq  $0,0x8(xrax)
db>

I'm not knowledgeable about this to the point where I could debug the
issue, is there anything I could do to provide the developers with the
info needed to fix the issue, or could someone tell me how to boot the
installer and force it to not load if_alc, and suggest give me an idea
of what this means, in laymans terms so I can try to diagnose it? If I
had to guess, I would say it's trying to access a chunk of
memory/address-space that hasn't been allocated or doesn't exist, but
I don't know if that's correct or where to go from there.

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton