Re: What's up with the SVN repository?

From: Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 13:21:19 +0300
On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 07:48:38PM -0700, Tim Kientzle wrote:
> >On 2009-08-08 23:02, Kostik Belousov wrote:
> >>Working with the history with reasonable speed. Additional bonus
> >>is ability to be able to work offline.
>
> "svnsync" is a standard SVN tool (installed as part
> of svn) that makes it pretty easy to set up a read-only
> copy of an SVN repository.  It's a little confusing
> to get set up initially, but once you do, you can
> just run it from cron every hour or so to keep in
> sync.
>
> Main documentation for svnsync starts here:
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.ref.svnsync.html
The issue with svnsync is that modifications of the non-versioned
properties, that is the normal svn operation, but disabled on our repo,
are not propagated by svnsync. Also, direct manipulations on the repo,
like the surgery that was done with cvs2svn:cvs-rev properties, also not
propagated by svnsync.

I believe this is major reason why the svnsync mirrors are not given a
bless. I do use svnsync, and my local mirror is used both to feed the
the git-svn and local checkouts.