Re: USB umass device not working on -current

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer_at_omnilan.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 08:54:00 +0200
Harald Schmalzbauer schrieb am 09.08.2009 12:10 (localtime):
> one year ago I fed my present for my mother with some music files - a
> samsung ogg-player.
> Until now the music collection is still untouched, so I tried to help
> her and replace some files.
> Unfortunately it doesn't attach as daX any more.

Hmmm, very strange, here I found a PR reporting the opposite:
http://www.jp.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=114154
It's my player (just the 2G version) and Ulrich Spoerlein reports it
working with HPS' stack, but not with the old USB code.
I'm sure I filled this puppy here and I've been running FreeBSD-7 until
-current was ready for testing (arround beta1).
None the less, this device seems to work somehow on FreeBSD. I'm not
sure how usb_quirk.ko is related. I'm lost. Are there still hard coded
quirks?
Any help appreciated

Thanks,

-Harry