Re: LOR wlan0 wi0

From: Collin Kreklow <cjk_at_home.kreklow.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:55:07 -0500
On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 01:41:01PM -0700, Robert wrote:

> The interface card is old. It shows to be a Netgear MA401. I have
> ordered a newer model of the Netgear card. It is a WG511T which is
> supposed to have an atheros chipset. I should receive this card in about
> a week. I really do not know if any of this is relevant to my problem.

FWIW, I've found the WG511T and it's PCI sibling WG311T to be some of
the most stable wireless cards available under FreeBSD.  The ath
driver is very capable with these cards.  I've recently had bad
experiences with ipw, wpi, and ral based cards prompting me to pick up a
few spare 311s for my AP "just in case."  I think you won't be
disappointed.

- Collin