Re: Update - RELENG_8 open for business (but you probably noticed)

From: Nenhum_de_Nos <matheus_at_eternamente.info>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:20:47 -0300 (BRT)
On Thu, August 13, 2009 11:29, Robert Watson wrote:

> Just a quick status update from the release engineering team:
>
> As was discussed on this mailing list, problems with the Subversion->CVS
> exporter arose during the RELENG_8 branching process.  These have now been
> resolved, and for the last day or so, pending bug fixes have been rushing
> into
> the branch.  We'll wait a couple more days while things catch up, and then
> cut
> 8.0 BETA3.
>
> You can read more about the status of 8.0, including tracking pending and
> approved fixes, on the 8.0 release engineering wiki:
>
>    http://wiki.freebsd.org/8.0TODO
>
> Your help in testing, diagnosing, and fixing FreeBSD 8.x problems *before*
> the
> release is much appreciated!

hi Robert,

this change from cvs to svn may solve one of my problem of not having
direct connection to the internet. where I work we have a proxy upstream,
and just http/https goes out. this svn rep can be used right away (same
codebase?) and does it have this feature ? how to use if so ?

I've seen some svn reps where svn co http://lalalalalala.caaaa/thecode
would work great.

thanks,

matheus