Re: Potential 8.0-BETA3 regression ? acd0 no longer probes/attaches

From: Pascal Hofstee <caelian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:24:24 +0200
On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Pascal Hofstee<caelian_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I took this weekend to install a fresh 8.0-BETA2 on my old Dell
> Lattitude D520, and after the initial install proceeded with a typical
> buildworld run.
> Now with the new kernel (which reports itself as 8.0-BETA3) my CD/DVD
> combo drive has gone entirely missing.
>
> Booting the older 8.0-BETA2 kernel does probe/attach acd0 though.
>
> Any else that can affirm missing CD/DVD drives after upgrading to 8.0-BETA3 ?

Following up on my own post ....

I just noticed (after putting my laptop on its docking station) that
when it's docked (with acpi_dock loaded) it DOES find the CD/DVD
drive.
I expect something odd is going on when acpi_dock is loaded but the
system is not actually on the docking station. I'll keep a closer eye
on things the next couple of days but i think it's safe to assume that
although the behaviour is "interesting" ... it is not a regression in
BETA3.

--
  Pascal Hofstee