Re: sshd failing in jail

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 07:02:10 +1000
On 2009-Aug-25 10:07:12 +0200, Stefan Bethke <stb_at_lassitu.de> wrote:
>Am 24.08.2009 um 21:33 schrieb Peter Jeremy:
>
>> I am attempting to build an i386 jail on an amd64 box to build
>> packages for my netbook.  The host is running -current from just over
>I had similar symptoms during a recent make world.  Finishing
>installworld in the jails and rebooting made it all work again, so I
>did not investigate further.

In this case, userland is a straight dump off my netbook - where it
all works.  The differences are in the configuration and that it's
running against a kernel that is slightly newer and a different
architecture.  Changing userland would render the whole jail useless.

One further datapoint (based on an off-list suggestion): It's i386-
rather than jail- related.  Running the same sshd outside the jail
breaks in exactly the same way so it is something related to running
an i386 sshd on an amd64 kernel - unfortunately, I haven't yet located
the incompatibility.

Actually debugging this is not made easier by gdb's refusal to trace
into the child process and the inability of the child to produce a
core dump.

--
Peter Jeremy