Re: problems with XFCE on 9.0-CURRENT

From: b. f. <bf1783_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 05:03:57 +0000
> Some processes doesn't die after quitting from X on
> my 9.0-CURREN i386. They eating CPU and can't be killed
> with TERM signal (only with KILL).
> I updated from BETA1 where all worked good (also i rebuild
> all ports). So, i got backtrace in gdb. All processes are in
> pool():
>
> #0  0x28df034f in poll () from /lib/libc.so.7
> #1  0x28d52c42 in poll () from /lib/libthr.so.3

I'm guessing that this is due to the recent polling revisions:

http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/195423
http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/196460

For more information, see the related discussion on svn-src-all_at_ .  It
looks like additional changes will be made when the committers reach a
consensus on what to do, and these additional changes may solve your
problem.  In the meantime, if you have a kernel more recent than
r196460 and your problem exists when using it, you could try reverting
one or both of these revisions.  You should probably bring this to the
attention of the committers involved in this discussion if they don't
respond to your original post:

kib_at_ , bde_at_, jilles_at_

Regards,
                  b.