Re: route(8) and show/sticky/... Re: 8.0-RELEASE completed...

From: pluknet <pluknet_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:46:49 +0300
2009/12/3 John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>:
> On Wednesday 02 December 2009 7:02:27 pm Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>> Kurt Jaeger wrote:
>> > Hi!

>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > One question:
>> >
>> > http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/relnotes-detailed.html
>> >
>> > says:
>> >
>> > ----------
>> > The route(8) utility now supports show, weights, and sticky commands.
>> > For more details, see the route(8) manual page.
>> > ----------
>> >
>> > I do not have those things in my man page or route(8) command ?
>>
>> I have one more question about relnotes-detailed.html
>>
>> -----------
>> "Specific CPU binding by using cpuset(1) has been implemented. Note that
>> the current implementation allows the superuser inside of the jail to
>> change the CPU bindings specified."
>> -----------
>>
>> Is it true? I don't have 8.0-RELEASE installed, but I think it was fixed
>> in 7-STABLE right after the 7.2-RELEASE
>>
>> PR kern/134050 was reported by me
>
> I believe it is fixed in 8.0.

This is what is in BUGS section of cpuset(1) manpage in 7.2-RELEASE,
and not (fixed) in 8.0-RELEASE.
It looks like it was leaved here by accident,  since it was fixed on
April in HEAD, MFC'ed on August to 7 after 7.2.
The practice was to mention such misdescription on Errata page (e.g.
see errata for 7.1).

--
wbr,
pluknet