Re: FreeBSD 8.0 - network stack crashes?

From: Eirik Øverby <ltning_at_anduin.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:03:35 +0100
On 10. des. 2009, at 17.21, Rick Macklem wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Eirik Ã~Xverby wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> this applies to 8.0-RELEASE?
>>
> It should. sys/rpc/svc_dg.c hasn't changed in a while.
>
>> I'll try to test today.
>>
> Thanks. I have no idea if it will help, but there was a case that could
> leak mbufs, if it ever occurs, that is fixed by this.

It didn't seem to help by much, anyway. After a couple of backup runs the mbuf cluster allocation had gone from ~4k to ~25k, and as I had reverted the sysctl to default, it wedged right there.

I'll have to go back to TCP mounts from the OpenBSD box again I guess ;)

/Eirik

> Good luck with it, rick

No luck with it, unfortunately :) But thanks for trying. Any other ideas?

/Eirik