profiling kernel modules.

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:54:51 -0800
It's been a few years since I last profiled the kernel, (probably a
decade :-)  but it was always a monolithic compiled kernel. Now I want
to profile a module, but I'm not finding a lot of specific
instructions as to how to do this, For example how to get the loaded
addresses for  the modules taken into account, or what arguments need
to be added to the compile of the module to make sure it has any code
stubs that may be needed, etc.

if you know anything about these subjects, or related (e.g. usin
the performance counters in the kernel/modules I'd love to get your
inpout and maybe turn out a doc on how to do this.

This would be for -current (9) or 8.0R.

Julian.